Delighted you stopped by............

The good news is that this is not another coffee table book for you to dust around and the bad news is that I can't hear your laughter or share your tears. There are memories and current events, amusing and poignant, but hopefully delightful and relateable. Thanks for joining me on the journey.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

sweet dreams........

There is a place between bedtime and bliss, which is full of dreams that are seconds long. You know the place I’m talking about, so much can happen, incredible adventures and only in a moments span. I remember such a night, when lights were out, covers were perfect and delicious drowsiness had overtaken the room. One last flick of my hair over my shoulder as I slumbered on my side and I would be peacefully overtaken to new adventures and pleasant countries. Well that was the plan, but as I flicked my hair there was panic stricken movement and a wrestling with the lamp as from one who had never operated it before. The lights came on and with wild abandon, big daddy was beating the pillows and throwing off covers. Quickly discerning the situation, I had to chuckle, though the real story that followed was worth more of a snorting, loud laugh. It seems big daddy had reached that happy dream place, only to find himself in the Amazon with a giant tarantula falling on his face---my hair. It took awhile to return to quiet and peaceful as we laughed for quite awhile over our unseen monster.
Isn’t is amazing how quickly we can go from peace to panic. Our calm diminishes to calamity often with just a suggestion or hint of pressure. During these times and preferably before them, we need to remember that God’s Word has power for the bringing down of strongholds and the more we know His Word the less likely it is we will succumb to the madness of fright in the night.  We wrestle not against lamps you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment