Delighted you stopped by............

The good news is that this is not another coffee table book for you to dust around and the bad news is that I can't hear your laughter or share your tears. There are memories and current events, amusing and poignant, but hopefully delightful and relateable. Thanks for joining me on the journey.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Overwhelmed....

Overwhelmed!!!!
Don't you love it when you start a project, the one that will help you get organized and you find yourself in the midst of a royal mess? Recalling such an incident at my house, we had decided to get all the books up on one wall in the living room, there by eliminating several smaller bookshelves that were full and overflowing. Great idea, except for all the superfluous stuff that was shoved into every shelf that had nothing to do with reading. I found darts with no tips, pens that didn't write, pennies all over, what's with that!? How about the pictures from my son's 8th birthday party, never mind he's 26 now, well you can imagine. Everywhere I looked I was reminded of just how disorganized I was and was feeling worse by the minute. I had envisioned how good I was going to feel when everything was orderly, but I was overwhelmed! It was just one area of my room but somehow this project had flowed into every nook of my house. I couldn't see my dining room table, let alone eat at it, overwhelmed!
It is just like God to come at such times and remind me of my spiritual health as I sit in the rubble. He gently helps me understand how easily I allow the enemy to drag out the dusty darts and pierce my heart with visions of what I was. The enemy whispers that I can't change, why bother, and shows me pictures from the past that no longer look like me. Isaiah 59 speaks about the enemy coming in like a flood and we raise up a standard against him. The truth is found in Daniel 11:32 'The people who know their God will be strong and will resist the enemy'.
Junk in the trash and books on the wall, the job was eventually done. The result was satisfying, enlightening and I even found some missing socks, go figure.
John 8:32 'You will know the truth and the truth will set you free'!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment