Delighted you stopped by............

The good news is that this is not another coffee table book for you to dust around and the bad news is that I can't hear your laughter or share your tears. There are memories and current events, amusing and poignant, but hopefully delightful and relateable. Thanks for joining me on the journey.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bad moments. We’ve all had those moments, you know the ones, when you think no one is looking and you dash from the bathroom to your closet wearing only what you came into the world with. Such a moment occurred one morning and just as I hit the closet door, I heard from the hall, “ah yes, such lovely ‘Rubinesque’ curves. I , of course just shut my door and stood there chuckling as I had just spent an unnecessary amount of time in front of the bathroom mirror counting defects and appalled with my portly silhouette. My thoughts were, “this isn’t right and wow that’s too much and what happened here”, all reflections that invade somehow suggesting less worth and each day finding less that’s acceptable, (although I do like my nails). After spending too much time with such wasteful thoughts and wondering how I can hold my head up another day, I hear again the voice of my beloved calling, ‘I am enthralled by your beauty’. What does he see that I can’t? Could it be that he sees me through the eyes of my Creator? You know, the one who judges not by appearances but by the heart? That must be it, for as sure as I would step into an agency for a modeling job, they would be hard pressed even to give me a pencil for the application because they would see what I saw in the mirror. They don’t love me as He loves me. Now what do we do with this realization? Certainly not run around in our birthday suits trying to find people who love our physical representation! But perhaps it would be a good idea for us to pray for His love as we meet and greet people. Ask Jesus for a glimpse of what He sees when He looks at them and then tell them how lovely they are to Him and you. And for heavens’ sake, no more dashing from the bathroom to closet - bravely saunter, bare and beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment