Delighted you stopped by............

The good news is that this is not another coffee table book for you to dust around and the bad news is that I can't hear your laughter or share your tears. There are memories and current events, amusing and poignant, but hopefully delightful and relateable. Thanks for joining me on the journey.

Sunday, October 3, 2010


Loved, Lost, Rescued.......

The screen saver on my laptop computer has a wonderful slide show of all the digital photos that I've taken over the years. I am still amazed to have such technology at my fingertips and on my lap. I can relive fond memories, going from tears to laughter over a period of seconds. I find the magnitude of feelings and events represented are staggering. There are pictures of grandchildren born, then crawling, walking, now posing. My sons are in many slides camping with the rangers, then teaching them, suddenly falling in love and walking down the aisle. Beautiful images of pets who no longer share our space or pastures, but bought us such joy and laughter. Oh and all those pounds we’ve lost, found, or redistributed through the years, we have changed and felt the love and loss that living yields.
Then there is rescue. We have saved animals that were lost or just no longer wanted. We rescued Winston, the cat, who has since gone to his final home but bought great joy with his antics and we saved Murray, the English bulldog, who has pretty much taken over the house, but is definitely entertaining and makes us laugh. Pictures flashing by quickly representing deep, profound feelings as well and as nonsensical, often silly moments snatched out of time and frozen. I don't want to forget them.
Loved, lost, rescued. Our lives are slipping by at a ridiculously fast pace and it behooves us to be amazed at where we came from, remember who saved us and why we've been rescued. I am suddenly struck with the fact that while I so enjoy all these frozen moments flashing by, there are faces that need to be added, who need to be loved and rescued before they are snatched out of time. I don't want to forget them.

"This is love; not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." I John 4:10. 'For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost' Luke 19:10. 'Salvation (rescue) is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.' Acts 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment