Delighted you stopped by............

The good news is that this is not another coffee table book for you to dust around and the bad news is that I can't hear your laughter or share your tears. There are memories and current events, amusing and poignant, but hopefully delightful and relateable. Thanks for joining me on the journey.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The little Lord Jesus…….

I set up my nativity today. I held the baby Jesus for a long time before putting Him in the manger of straw. I couldn’t help but think the grandchildren will do the same and that I might find him anywhere after one of their visits. More than likely I will find Him in the lego container or the Barbie box because that is where they will be playing with Him. It makes perfect sense when you think about it, for He fits ever so nicely in an airplane made of legos and Barbie can hold Him wrapped in a little blanket as she changes from one outfit to another. Yes, He is the perfect fit and I can just imagine Him smiling as their little hands irreverently take Him from the manger to include him in their play. What’s that? You think I should make them keep Him in the manger? Well, I have a problem with that. I think we have already spent too much time leaving Him in the manger on display and not inviting Him into our lives. Oh how I long for the day that is coming soon, when He will come, not as a babe, but as The King. No longer swaddling clothes, but robes of white. While I am still here, I want to be where He is and do the things He is involved in because life with Him merely on display is chaos and despair. I can’t wait until the grandkids come over. I’ll be watching to see who accepts His invitation first, and I’ll be smiling……

No comments:

Post a Comment