Delighted you stopped by............

The good news is that this is not another coffee table book for you to dust around and the bad news is that I can't hear your laughter or share your tears. There are memories and current events, amusing and poignant, but hopefully delightful and relateable. Thanks for joining me on the journey.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dump Trucks

I did not come out to watch dump trucks! I have one day off this week, the weather is perfect with blue skies, fluffy clouds and a plethora of humming birds flying back and forth to sip sweet nectar. Oh yes, a lovely day....Interjected in this dream like vision are dump trucks about every couple minutes going by full and coming back by empty. Their specifically ordained purpose is reconstructing a road but the intent is lost by my disdain at their intrusion to my otherwise scruptous day.
I discovered sometime ago that life is full of dump trucks and I need to find delight in whatever is dumped in my path. So in an effort to perserve my sanity, which some question regularly, I set out to count the blessings. Each truck does, after all, represent work for the person and sustenance for the family at home. The safety of the new road will prevent sorrow in the future from accidents. There are the eyes with which I see them and the ears that hear them. The day really isn't changed because of them, it is merely an addition to it. Perhaps I'll start waving and make it an hospitable event rather than a hostile, menacing thought. There, the grass is still green and all nastiness has been averted.
God expects us to make choices everyday that prioritize emotions and honor Him as He builds our character. Don't be a slave to your emotions, but rather wave, smile and overcome!

1 comment:

  1. It is a good word. I will keep it in mind. I have a couple dump trucks right now.
    ::bob

    ReplyDelete